Skin Hair Systems FAQs
● What is a men's thin skin hair system?
Thin skin hair systems are a type of hair replacement system for men. It's a hair replacement system that is custom-fitted to your head shape. Our thin skin hair systems are made to feel and look great as well as provide the easiest way to glue and clean the base materials which will develop a more convenient thin skin hair system life.
Our thin skin hair systems for men are between 0.03mm and 0.12mm thick, giving your skin the appearance of a scalp and nobody will be any the wiser that you're wearing a thin skin hair system like a v-loop hair system.
● How do you attach the thin skin hair system to your scalp?
When it comes to installing thin skin hair, there are generally three options. The most common options tend to be glue or tape. Installing a thin skin hair system with these means it can stay on anywhere from one month to even more without any deep cleaning necessary.
If you want to take the thin skin hair system off every day, a clip-on hair patch often lasts longer because it's not at risk of being damaged when taken off or during activities such as sleeping and showering.
● How long do thin skin hair systems last?
The lifespan of thin skin hair systems such as a v-loop hair system will vary from 4 to 6 weeks depending on how well you care for it. Proper care is essential for the longevity of your human hair system.
While there are no specific rules for the longevity of a non-surgical thin skin hair system, there are factors that will determine how long a system will last. These factors include hair type, hair color, hair styling, storage, and care.
● How do you make your thin skin hair system last?
● Combing and Brushing - Make sure that you use a wide-toothed, large comb or 100% boar bristle brush to comb your thin skin hair system. These brushes will untangle each strand of hair gently and avoid any problems with putting more pressure on the knots.
● Sleeping - To avoid the matting and tangling of your thin skin hair systems while you sleep, make sure that you make a few large braids in your thin skin hair system before you go to sleep. And never go to sleep with wet hair.
● Dry Ends - To stop thin skin hair systems from breaking at the ends, apply olive oil to the dry ends of your thin skin hair systems a few times a week.
● Salt and Chlorine Water - Saltwater and chlorine can damage the system’s thin skin hair so try and be in that type of water as little as possible.
● Chemical Usage - We advise you not to use chemical treatments of thin skin hair systems as the damage that can be done to them is irreparable.
● Can you shower with a thin skin hair system?
Yes, you can shower in men's thin skin hair systems and it is highly recommended that you shower daily or every other day. Showering often will help remove oils from the scalp that might cause bonding to break down and help make your thin skin hair systems last longer.
To shower in thin skin hair systems, always use very soft hands when rubbing the hair at the roots. You must not pull at it with your fingers. The thin skin hair systems are delicate like real human hair can be, so they should only be handled gently and carefully. The roots of your thin skin hair system must be washed with a shampoo and conditioner designed for them. This is the only way to make sure that you are properly conditioning thin skin hair systems.
When styling thin skin hair systems that have been washed, you should use a wide-toothed large comb to brush through the hair. If possible, try to let it air dry or at least allow it to air dry for 80% and then finish drying while styling your thin skin hair system with your hands.
● Can I exercise with a thin skin hair system on?
For the bonding to be set in with the thin skin hair system, it's necessary to stay cool and keep the sweat to a minimum. You can do this by not exercising, swimming, getting your head wet or doing any physical activity that could release body sweat or increase your body temperature for 24 to 48 hours after the bonding of the thin skin hair system. This may be a concern for the people who regularly exercise or lead active lifestyles and so the bonds strength with the thin skin hair piece and the scalp will stay will decrease significantly.
● Can you swim with a thin skin hair system?
You can swim with a thin skin hair system. Hair replacement systems are designed to be worn 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can shower, swim, exercise and sleep while wearing a thin skin hair system. However, you have to consider that if you swim regularly with the thin skin hair system, you'll shorten the human hair system life. Although, the occasional swim and pool diving session will not seriously affect the lifespan of your thin skin hair system.
● Should I purchase a thin skin hair system or stock hairpiece for men?
Most men start with a stock hairpiece and there is normally a great number of options for stock hairpiece users so it typically covers over 70% of those wearers. Men will often choose a custom thin skin hair system if they have specific hair requirements (hair curl, low hair density, special, length, high gray percentage) and they will choose a base design onto which they will choose a specific thin skin hair type and color.
● Can thin skin hair systems be pulled off?
In regards to the thin skin hair systems, a lot of people are concerned about whether the thin skin hair system will fall off easily and the answer to that is NO. We know that would be your worst nightmare if your thin skin hair system fell off as you went about your day but we can assure you that even if it slightly lifts, the thin skin hair won’t be removed easily.
The male thin skin hair systems are attached with strong, water-resistant adhesive. Men who wear these thin skin hair systems can perform all their daily activities like running, swimming and even skydiving!
● How do you extend the lifespan of the thin skin hair systems?
More modern thin skin hair systems may be more affordable for a bigger target audience but users should still take precautions to extend the life of the thin skin hair system.
● Shampooing – If you want to increase the lifespan of the thin skin hair system then you’ll need to start shampooing your hair twice a week to get a healthier and shiny hairpiece. You also have the added plus of eradicating any bad odors from dirt particles or moisture.
● Oxidation prevention - The radiation from the sun causes damage to your hair by lowering the green pigment and changing the pigment into orange or red. Your thin skin hair system is made up of 100% natural real hair so it is susceptible to oxidation. Your thin skin hair piece will deteriorate much sooner than you would like and it would significantly cut down the thin skin hair system’s lifespan. We advise you to wear a hat or cap in hot weather if you’re spending more than a few hours outside.
● Untangling thin skin hair systems - With the long thin skin hair systems currently on the market, de-tangling is often an issue. Hair loss can occur if a product fails to de-tangle, so the hair used in the system mustn’t be damaged as thin skin hair systems are prone to wear and tear and damage that can’t be fixed. De-tangling the thin skin hair strands in a way that reduces the risk of this problem is a good idea.
● Hair colouring - Lordhair has a wide range of thin skin hair replacement systems that give your scalp a stunning look. The thin skin hair used is 100% human and will normally experience color loss if it comes in contact with dirt, heat, or other factors. However, you won’t need to worry about those problems as you will be able to colour the thin skin hair system of your choice via the hair colour options currently on the market. You will truly make your thin skin hair system durable and amazing to see.
● Thin skin hair system cleaning - Whether your thin skin hair system is laced based or polyurethane-based, both must be cleaned occasionally to avoid the deposit of adhesive. Otherwise, you'll notice that the natural look of your thin skin hair system will change when it comes into contact with the adhesive.
● Buy multiple thin skin hair systems – One way to keep your thin skin hair system going for longer is by rotating it with another. Hair experts believe that this can help avoid heavy wear and make the thin skin hair piece last a bit longer.
● Correctly store the thin skin hair systems – Unlike real hair that gets nourishment from the scalp, thin skin hair systems don’t produce any oil or sebum to protect the hair strands from dust or damage caused by harmful UV rays from the sun. Neither can they generate new thin skin hair strands to replace damaged ones.
● Is thin skin hair tape or glue better?
Both thin skin hair tape and glue can be used to hold thin skin hair pieces in place. Human hair system tape is clear, and it is a medical adhesive, so it is water-resistant, and is good for sensitive skin. Tape is easy to apply, gives a stronghold that lasts for a long time, and can be cleaned up easily from the thin skin hair system.
Thin skin hair system tape is a type of sticky tape that attaches hairpieces to your scalp. This kind of adhesive is very popular among beginners and veterans alike, as it comes in varying degrees of strength. The strongest tape is still not as strong as glue. The tape will help to keep the thin skin hair system together on the scalp, while glue can be messy and hard to clean.