There are many factors that can influence a wig’s life span, such as harmful UV Rays, excessive combing or brushing, unattended matting, tangling and washing the wig the wrong way. A way to protect your wig is proper cleaning. Below are several tips that you need to know before washing it.
- 1.Brush the hair with a large wide toothed comb and make sure there are no tangles (except for tight curly hair) before washing.
- 2.Put the shampoo into water at 35℃ to 40℃ and stir the water. A high quality shampoo is best.
- 3.Wet hair with shampoo water gradually from hair tip to root. If the hair is very dry and a lot of water is added at once, it will easily to swell up like sponge and tangle.
- 4.Gently squeeze the hair with your hand from hair root to tip. Don’t rub hair because it will cause tangling.
- 5.After shampooing, rinse the hair piece with clean water, then use a good conditioner to nourish it; following the same instructions as the shampoo.
- 6.Wrap the wig with a soft and clean towel to absorb excess water.
- 7.Use a wide tooth brush to brush hair gently, gradually moving from hair tip to hair root. Let it air dry.
- 1.Keep the wig away from heat sources and any product containing sulphur.
- 2.Don’t brush or comb hair with very small curls.
- 3.It should usually be washed once a week.
- 4.Don’t brush hair during washing.
- 5.Apply olive oil two to three times a week and also prior to shampooing your hair system.
Tel: +86 532 80828255